After 17 weeks of NFL games we have narrowed the field to 12 playoff teams. Everybody expected teams like the Patriots, Broncos, and Seahawks to be a part of this years postseason, but not many expected Kirk Cousins to lead the Redskins and JJ Watt to take advantage of a weak AFC South (even though he does make everybody look weak). Time to break down the 6 NFC teams and give you my Super Bowl Prediction.
- Carolina Panthers- Josh Norman and Cam Newton both deserve the MVP as they have taken a Panthers team 15-1 despite losing their #1 wide receiver. With that being said the Panthers are a very good team, but I do not know if they will be a Super Bowl contender with so many question marks at WR and no dominant RB. This is a team full of surprises though, so lets see if they have one more.
- Arizona Cardinals- To me the most complete team in the NFL this year. Carson Palmer continues to dominate at QB hitting the ageless Larry Fitzgerald as often as possible. David Johnson has proved to be the steal of the draft with an amazing second half as he is now the starter after Chris Johnson went down (probably made the team better). I don’t see many teams putting up the points needed to beat the Cardinals, as their defense has proved countless times that they can’t be beat, even without Tyrann Mathieu. Bruce Arians is my coach of the year for sure.
- Minnesota Vikings- Who would’ve thought the Vikings would beat out the Packers in week 17 for the NFC North? Adrain Peterson has turned back the clock as he lead the NFL in rushing yards this year and Teddy Bridgewater does enough to keep the team balanced. The defense will need to step it up and Stefon Diggs and Mike Wallace will need to create separation. Peterson has impresed but I don’t think the Vikings will make it past a tough first round matchup with the Seahawks.
- Washington Redskins- The Redskins benefitted this year from a very average NFC East with no team really pulling away from the other. Kirk Cousins has had a great year and Alfred Morris is back to last years level after a tough start. Green Bay hasn’t been what they were last year, but I don’t see Washington pulling off the defeat in this one.
- Green Bay Packers- Oh man have the Packers missed Jordy Nelson. James Jones was sensational early on and only the hoodie can save him now. Devante Adams has been a major disappointment and has dealt with ailing injuries. Many expected Randall Cobb to lead this bunch but he has not taken the reigns either. Green Bay should be a second round exit as it is very likely they will once again meet the Cardinals who dismantled them in week 16.
- Seattle Seahawks- Besides Cam Chancellor holding out and Marshawn Lynch getting injured the Seahawks have flown under the radar. I’m expecting them to handle Adrain Peterson and company and set up a a great matchup in week 2 against Carolina. Never count out the experience of the Seahawks and backfield tandem of Lynch and Wilson.
NFC Super Bowl Prediction: Arizona Cardinals and here’s why: To me they seem to be the most complete team. The Seahawks havent reached their peak all year, the Packers have been so inconsistent, and the Panthers rely very heavily on Cam Newton and their defense.
I am taking Arizona in the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl!!